Re: Difference between two times as a numeric value in a stored procedure.

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Difference between two times as a numeric value in a stored procedure.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:11:57 +0200, Stijn Vanroye <s.vanroye@Farcourier.com> wrote:
> The working of the functions is not the problem, but the return type is. I can't seem to find a way to substract two
timevalues (or timestamp values) and get a numeric/float value. I always get the INTERVAL datatype. For example, in
steadof 4:30 i would like 4.5 as a result. I have searched the documentation but could not find any way to substract
time/timestampvalues and get a numeric/float as a result. When I try to CAST the interval to a numeric or float value I
getan error (cannot cast time without tz to ...). Same goes for trying to cast the beginvalues and then substract them.
Doesanyone have any idea how I can solve/circumvent this problem? Is there a function I can use?

You can use EXTRACT to extract the EPOCH from the interval which will
be the number of seconds in the interval. You can then use arithmetic
(/60.) on that number to get fractional hours.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Stijn Vanroye"
Сообщение: Re: Difference between two times as a numeric value in a stored procedure. [Scanned]
От: "Christopher Dedels"
Сообщение: dynamic rules?