Re: ORDER BY with plpgsql parameter

От Thomas Schoen
Тема Re: ORDER BY with plpgsql parameter
Дата
Re: ORDER BY with plpgsql parameter  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> You need to use the FOR-IN-EXECUTE style of query. That way
> you can use any string you want (including text passed in as
> a parameter) to build the query inside the function ...

that is what i want to avoid. (i wrote that in my first mail)
My question was about why it is not possible to do it like this:
....ORDER BY $1
I don't know if it is standards-conform or if someone considers it a usefull
feature, but i think it would help users to write capsulated
statistics-functions or simply browsable and orderable lists.