Re: Converting postgresql.conf parameters to kilobytes

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Converting postgresql.conf parameters to kilobytes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shridhar, Tom,

As long as we're messing around with PostgreSQL.conf, I propose that we
comment the file much more thouroughly -- in the style of Apache's httpd.conf
and our own pg_hba.conf (though maybe not quite as long as hba).   Someone
proposed this for 7.4 and we ran out of time, and as I've thought about the
idea over the last 6 months I've come to like it.

I'm happy to do the work for this ... it should be relatively easy if
everyone's Doc patches are up to date.    I can't see any drawback to it; is
there something I'm missing?

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco