Postgresql Novice problem

От Alain-Serge Nagni
Тема Postgresql Novice problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello,
    I installed Postgresql on my machine under Mandrake 10.0. I'm using unixODBC
front end to create a database. I defined a User DSN and here is what I got
from the .odbc.init file:

[MyNewDatabase]
Description        = PostgreSQL
Driver        = PostgreSQL
Trace        = No
TraceFile        =
Database        = newDb
Servername        = localhost
Username        = newuser
Password        = newpassword
Port        = 5432
Protocol        = 6.4
ReadOnly        = No
RowVersioning        = No
ShowSystemTables        = No
ShowOidColumn        = No
FakeOidIndex        = No
ConnSettings        =

But when a I try to use the Datamanager to get access to the database, it's
looks impossible. I got an error message: [unixODBC]FATAL: IDENT
authentication failed for user "newuser".

Do anyone have an idea how to solve my problem?

Best regards,
Alain-Serge