Re: PostgreSQL delete the blank in the end of the String automatically. how can I avoid it?

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: PostgreSQL delete the blank in the end of the String automatically. how can I avoid it?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 28/05/2004 13:04 xier@in.tum.de wrote:
> hello,
>
> my Name is Rong. I am student at TU-Munich. I have some questions for
> Postgresql7.2  under SuSe Linux.
> Postgresql7.2  under SuSe Linux8.0.
> I use PostgreSQL7.2 with PGAdminII1.4.2 under Windows2000.
>
> I insert a String from Teleform6.0 of Cardiff through ODBC in table of
> PostgreSQL.
> There should be some blank in the End of the String. e.g: "data
>      "
> But there ist no blank in the end of the String in the table. e.g: "data"
> It means, that PostgreSQL delete the blank in the end of the String
> automatically.
> But I need the blank in the end of the String.
> how can I avoid it?

AFAICT, it's not PostgreSQL which is causing your problem. I've just
tested against 7.2.1 using psql and it does _not_ remove trailing spaces.
I think your problem is with your client code.

HTH

BTW, 7.2 is very old. I'd recommend upgrading.

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
Business             |
| Computer Consultants         |