Re: PostgreSQL caching

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PostgreSQL caching
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Vitaly,

> I am using the newer 7.5dev native Windows port. For this reason I
> don't think that IN will cause any trouble (I read that this issue was
> resolved in 7.4).

Well, for performance, all bets are off for the dev Windows port.   Last I
checked, the Win32 team was still working on *stability* and hadn't yet even
looked at performance.  Not that you can't improve the query, just that it
might not fix the problem.

Therefore ... your detailed feedback is appreciated, especially if you can
compare stuff to the same database running on a Linux, Unix, or BSD machine.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions