Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >One reason against including plPHP in the core would be that it
> > would create a circular build dependency between the packages
> > postgresql and php.  I think we should rather avoid that.
>
> It is no different that the dependency between plPerl and Perl,
> plPython and Python or worse
> plTCL and TCL (which typically isn't installed anymore).

This is very much different, because the PHP distribution contains the
PostgreSQL driver, whereas the other languages do not.  So you would
have

PHP build depends on PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL build depends on PHP

Not good.

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Relocatable installs
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion