Re: dbmirror

От Jeff
Тема Re: dbmirror
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 17 May 2004 18:13:36 +0100
Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
> > Slony-I is an async replication system.
> > It is pre-beta, but already it works very well. I'm using it in
> > production with 5 slaves!
> >
> > http://gborg.postgresql.org/projects/slony1/
>
> Any chance of a quick review - installation issues, experience in use?

It is a little light on the documentation front at the moment, when I
get some time I'll be writing some.   But I found the test scripts gave
enough info (along with what documentation was there) to get going.

I ran into a couple problems which I fixed (an issue with multiple
replication sets and another thread locking issue that tickled a
kerberos issue (Which actually was fixed in 7.5's libpq)).

Its now working fine in production.  We're replicating about 150k
insert/update/deletes every hour.

The author of slony is very nice and willing to help out.
We have an irc channel on irc.freenode.net - #slony where we can try to
help if you have problems.

I must say, it does work better than eRserver which has a nasty habit of
running into java errors and dying (and dying again when restarting).
(encountering > 7bit ascii in a sql_ascii db causes jdbc to die..
although libpq, etc. have no issues with the 7bit ascii)

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/