Re: BLOB issue(s) & questions

От Andre Felipe Machado
Тема Re: BLOB issue(s) & questions
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
> There are three options:
>
> 1) Use a bytea column. You might create a domain as an 'lo' alias to
> bytea if required.

This works. And very easy.
But for files upt to around 2 MB. Beware.

> 2) Use the /contrib/lo code. This custom datatype allows you to create a
> cleanup trigger for each lo column.

This works.
but not easy with odbc and other apps...

> 3) Use the 'simple' ODBC lo option documented at:
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/faq/faq.php?faq_id=52 -

> Please note that I haven't tried using blobs in years...
>
> Regards, Dave.

Solution 3 does not work for Postgresql since 7.x, as I can remember. For
7.3.x is sure (I tried).
The innards of Pg changed a lot and it does not allow the tricks cited.
Use the solution 2, instead, for very large objects over 2MB.

good luck.
Andre Felipe
http://www.andrefelipemachado.hpg.ig.com.br/linux/index.html

Сообщение: Re: psqlODBC driver does not work
Сообщение: Re: psqlODBC driver does not work