where is this problem (trigger)

От Theodore Petrosky
Тема where is this problem (trigger)
Дата
Re: where is this problem (trigger)  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
I fire this trigger whenever my client updates a row
in the db:

CREATE FUNCTION notify_jobinfo() RETURNS "trigger"   AS '
BEGIN
EXECUTE ''NOTIFY ''||TG_RELNAME||''_''||NEW.jobnumber;
RETURN NEW;
END
'   LANGUAGE plpgsql;

CREATE TRIGGER notify_jobinfo   AFTER UPDATE ON jobinfo   FOR EACH ROW   EXECUTE PROCEDURE notify_jobinfo();

CREATE TABLE jobinfo (   acode text,   jobnumber text DEFAULT
nextval('public.jobinfo_seq'::text),   creationdate date DEFAULT now(),   shortdescription text,   projectcode text,
holdnumbertext,   insertioninfo text,   jobtitle text,   insertiondate text,   iscomplete boolean DEFAULT false,
isbilledboolean DEFAULT false,   CONSTRAINT "$1" CHECK ((jobnumber <> ''::text))

);

My problem is that I have had to import legacy data
for the jobnumber column. My client was originally
using an excel file.  they were free to do as they
pleased and there are jobnumbers like '1041.01'
'1041.02'.

I can not seem to update these rows because of the dot
in the jobnumber field. I have found that I can change
the dot to an underscore but I thought I would ask if
there is a better solution.

here is the error:

UPDATE jobinfo SET isbilled = false WHERE jobnumber =
'1162.01';
ERROR:  syntax error at or near ".01" at character 20
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "notify_jobinfo" line 2 at
execute statement

Ted