template1, createdb, schemas, and owners

От CSN
Тема template1, createdb, schemas, and owners
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have two machines between which I exchange dumps a
lot. On the first (Windows/cygwin), pgsql was set up
with "Administrator" as the main superuser - who owns
all schemas in template0 and template1. On the second
machine (Linux), "postgres" is pgsql's main superuser.
On whatever machines I do "createdb", the owner of the
schemas in template0/1 is copied over to the schemas
in the new database, even when specifying the owner
parameter (shouldn't the owner of the database own all
schemas in it?). This creates problems when dumping
and importing between the machines. The "SET SESSION
AUTHORIZATION 'Administrator';" causes errors when
trying to import on the machine without user
"Administrator".

What's the best way to remedy the problems caused by
the two different superusers? I've thought about
trying to change all instances of "Administrator" to
"postgres" on the first machine, but don't know how to
go about it.

TIA,
CSN