Re: bytea

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: bytea
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 09:30:15AM -0700, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
> > Also, if I wanted to put a *.pdf file in a bytea column, what functions
> > do I use to escape any characters in it?
>
> What programming language are you using?

Apparently if you are using C and libpq, you can use the version 3
protocol functions to send binary data without having to escape it.  I
haven't done it though so I may be wrong, but if I'm right please
somebody tell me because I usually recommend this :-)

Also if it works it would be useful to update the Perl/PHP/etc
interfaces to use it.

"El sudor es la mejor cura para un pensamiento enfermo" (Bardia)