pgsql-server/ ontrib/pgstattuple/pgstattuple.c ...

От tgl@svr1.postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
Тема pgsql-server/ ontrib/pgstattuple/pgstattuple.c ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    tgl@svr1.postgresql.org    04/05/08 16:09:25

Modified files:
    contrib/pgstattuple: pgstattuple.c
    src/backend/access/heap: heapam.c
    src/backend/access/nbtree: nbtree.c
    src/backend/catalog: heap.c index.c
    src/backend/commands: analyze.c sequence.c vacuum.c vacuumlazy.c
    src/backend/storage/buffer: bufmgr.c
    src/backend/utils/cache: relcache.c
    src/include/access: relscan.h
    src/include/storage: bufmgr.h
    src/include/utils: rel.h

Log message:
    Get rid of rd_nblocks field in relcache entries.  Turns out this was
    costing us lots more to maintain than it was worth.  On shared tables
    it was of exactly zero benefit because we couldn't trust it to be
    up to date.  On temp tables it sometimes saved an lseek, but not often
    enough to be worth getting excited about.  And the real problem was that
    we forced an lseek on every relcache flush in order to update the field.
    So all in all it seems best to lose the complexity.