Re: Problem with commandprompt.com

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Problem with commandprompt.com
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 08:30:55PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Joshua and I checked things over, and we can't find any errors on his side
> to indicate a problem with their servers :( And I checked through the log
> files on the postgresql.org server itself, and nadda there ... is it
> possible that its something in between?
>
> Note that the relays are setup to use IP, not name, so DNS issues should
> be eliminated as potential cause :(

Uh, right.  Thanks for following up.

Things are really strange anyway, because I continue to get a lot of
bounces from subscribers.  As I stated earlier, most people get all
messages without problem.  The rest of them seem to lose some messages
now and then.

Right now I have three people trying to join the list, but the
confirmation message mailed to them is not sent because of this problem.
This is starting to get very annoying, and I'm very sorry I have to
bother you with this but I'd really like to see this solved.

Do any of you have ICQ or some other IM so we can inspect the problem
more closely?  I'm ICQ 57064581 and alvherre@myjabber.net on Jabber.
I'm hesitant to post several message headers on the list.

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"