Re: Hey Mr. PG! End my transaction, BUT KEEP MY CURSORS OPEN!!

От Oliver Fromme
Тема Re: Hey Mr. PG! End my transaction, BUT KEEP MY CURSORS OPEN!!
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:
 > Gastón Simone wrote:
 > > I thought the COMMIT SQL command closes every opened cursor when it's
 > > executed!!
 >
 > It does.  But see the WITH HOLD option of DECLARE CURSOR.

Oops ...  Please disregard my previous mail.

I was obviously confusing SQL CURSORs and the cursor objects
used in the API of some programming languages (like Python).
Those are really somewhat different thigns.

Regards
   Oliver

"Documentation is like sex; when it's good, it's very, very good,
and when it's bad, it's better than nothing."
        -- Dick Brandon