Re: relation does not exist

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: relation does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 4 May 2004, Robert Morgan wrote:

> Trying to run this query:
>
>     UPDATE tblMonitor SET Make = 'Phillips' WHERE Make = 'Ph*';
>
> get the error message that " Error:  relation "tblMonitor" does not exist"

Does it really look exactly like that or does it show as tblmonitor in the
error message?

> yet when I look at the relations it is there.
>
>                List of relations
>  Schema |         Name         | Type  | Owner
> --------+------------------+------+------
>  public | UpdatePC's           | table | bob
>  public | lkpBuildings           | table | bob
>  public | lkpCPU                 | table | bob
>
> public | tblWorkstation        | table | bob

Well, this doesn't show tblMonitor, but given tblWorkstation, this
probably means you created the table with double quotes around the name
(or your interface did) which means you should use double quotes to refer
to it, so something like:
update "tblMonitor" ...

You may need to double quote the column names if the same is true there.