Re: pgsql folder and its contents

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql folder and its contents
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alexander Cohen wrote:
> Im looking to remove everyth9ing that is not absolutely necessary in
> the pgsql folder of my postgres server. Is there anyplace i can find
> information on what all the files in lib, share and bin are for? Im
> looking for somewhere or someone that can explain what each file
> contained in those folders is used for. I am experimenting already
> but i dont want to miss anything. Thanks.

If you use a packaging system (e.g., RPM, Debian) then you would have
several subpackages that contain only the files you need for specific
tasks.  (If you don't, download the packages anyway to find out how the
files are split up.)  Manually deleting particular files is a risky
process, and it depends on your configuration options, operating
system, and what you want to do with the system later on.  I would
advise against it, since no one is going to want to help you later on
if it turns out that you have manually butchered your system.