Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Claudio Natoli wrote:

> > >  Win32 has continued on a steady pace for six months now.
> >
> > Be honest ... 6 months ago, did you believe the Win32 work would have
> > taken >6 months?  How many of the current issues could you have
> > anticipated?  How many will crop up in the next month?
>
> FWIW, the backend porting effort started less than 5 months ago :-P
>
> What "current issues" are there? The only ones of any significance that
> popped up were the APC/socket interactions and the localtime deficiencies,
> both of which now appear solved.
>
> Perhaps I will regret saying this but from my point of view, apart from the
> fsync/sync code Tom is working on that I am in complete ignorance of, I do
> not imagine any new issues in the remaining items required to get win32 to
> beta.

Agreed.  My major issue is that we don't have enough _big_ items
completed to set a feature freeze date.  I think we need X big items
completed before we can push for 7.5, even forgetting Win32.

I know we did a lot already, but we need some big splash items for 7.5.
These are being worked on, and if it takes X months to get them, it
takes X months.

Once we have X features working, we can look for a feature freeze. Maybe
those features will not even include Win32 (though I would be
surprised).

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion