Re: PITR Phase 2 - Design Planning

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PITR Phase 2 - Design Planning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> But a "savepoint" has a very precise meaning in the SQL standard,
> which relates to points in a transaction you can roll back to.  I
> don't think you want to overload with this other meaning, which I see
> as putting a special mark in the XLog -- completely unrelated.

They are completely unrelated because you're considering them on two
different levels.  From the user interface level they are both a place
to roll back to.  Whether they are inside the same transaction or not
is like the difference between a normal and a holdable cursor, but it's
the same interface.

Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion