Re: postgresql idle

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: postgresql idle
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 03:57:59PM -0400, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:

>  I find that some clients (DBVisualizer for one) do exactly that -
> execute the COMMIT;BEGIN sequence, and leaves idle
> transactions on a consistent basis.

Almost all the things I've see that set the autocommit behaviour will
also do this.  I suspect it's a pretty common approach.  It has
burned us at work several times, and I knew in advance it was a
problem.  I can't imagine what it's like for people who aren't aware
of it.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca