Re: Plpgsql problem passing ROWTYPE to function

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Plpgsql problem passing ROWTYPE to function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2004.04.29 17:58 Tom Lane wrote:
> "Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> writes:
> > Thought perhaps some other eyes than mine can tell if I'm doing
> > something wrong here or if there's a bug somewhere.  I've never
> > passed a ROWTYPE varaible to a function
>
> plpgsql doesn't support that.  It might do so for 7.5, if anyone gets
> around to finishing the work I started.

What a drag.  The documentation says it supports this.  Is this a bug
in the documentation
or something I'm not understanding?

See:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/plpgsql-declarations.html#PLPGSQL-DECLARATION-ROWTYPES

  "Parameters to a function can be composite types (complete table
rows). In that case, the corresponding identifier $n will be a row
variable, and fields can be selected from it, for example $1.user_id."

Thanks for the help.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein