Re: 7.5 features

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.5 features
Дата
Re: 7.5 features  ("Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Here are features that are being worked on, hopefully for 7.5:
> >     o  tablespaces (Gavin)
> >     o  nested transactions (Alvaro)
> >     o  two-phase commit (Heikki Linnakangas)
> >     o  integrated pg_autovacuum (O'Connor)
> >     o  PITR (Riggs)
> >     o  Win32 (Claudio, Magnus)
>
> Not to rain on the parade, but the *only* one of these I have any
> confidence in seeing for 7.5 is the last (Windows port).  The others
> are still mostly or entirely handwaving, and I do not think we will
> hold up the release for them once the Windows port starts looking
> stable enough to beta-test.

Gavin says he has patches for tablespaces, Alvaro has submitted patches
already, server-side java is heading into beta, and Heikki has two-phase
commit patches because he already worried about drift.  PITR patches
have been submitted too.  I wouldn't call them done, but I wouldn't call
them handwaving either.

What we really need is for these folks to start finalizing their patches
and get them submitted.

Pennsylvania19073