Re: What can we learn from MySQL?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: What can we learn from MySQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

>Personally, I don't care if
> postgresql captures 1% of the market of 99% of the market, as long as it
> remains the solid, reliable dbms engine it is.

I agree that we don't have to have a majority of the market to be
"successful."  However, there is a very accurate adage in both business and
politics:  "If you're not growing, you're shrinking."

We need to continue to grow, not necessarily to take over the market, but to
make sure that we don't disappear entirely.    I don't want to be the
"betamax of databases".

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: What can we learn from MySQL?
Сообщение: Re: What can we learn from MySQL?