Re: Insert Or update

От Igor Shevchenko
Тема Re: Insert Or update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 23 April 2004 20:41, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I suspect most of the people doing this have something wrong with their
> design in the first place.

Not really.

Here's a simple example. I have a set of mailboxes and I needed to implement a
gui widget to assign/remove them to/from a workspace. When the widget starts,
there are two lists: first with assigned, second with unassigned (all other)
mailboxes. User moves data from one list to another and some back, etc, and
hits "OK" button. It appeared that the easiest way to sync this widget's data
with the database was via insert-or-update path.

--
Best regards,
Igor Shevchenko