pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml rc/include ...

От neilc@svr1.postgresql.org (Neil Conway)
Тема pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml rc/include ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    neilc@svr1.postgresql.org    04/04/23 17:32:20

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : func.sgml
    src/include/catalog: catversion.h pg_proc.h
    src/test/regress/expected: float8-exp-three-digits-win32.out
                               float8-exp-three-digits.out
                               float8-small-is-zero.out float8.out
                               numeric.out
    src/test/regress/sql: float8.sql numeric.sql

Log message:
    Add ceiling() as an alias for ceil(), and power() as an alias for pow().
    Regression tests and documentation have both been updated.

    SQL2003 requires that both ceiling() and ceil() be present, so I have
    documented both spellings. SQL2003 doesn't mention pow() as far as I
    can see, so I decided to replace pow() with power() in the documentation:
    there is little reason to encourage the continued usage of a function
    that isn't compliant with the standard, given a standard-compliant
    alternative.

    RELEASE NOTES: should state that pow() is considered deprecated
    (although I don't see the need to ever remove it.)