Re: [pgsql-advocacy] What can we learn from MySQL?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] What can we learn from MySQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Folks,

> > * Recommended replication solution (erserver?)
> > * Recommended full-text search solution (tsearch?)
> > * Recommended GUI / web frontend (PGAdmin / phpPgAdmin)
> > * Drivers: ODBC, JDBC, whatever
> > * PostGIS
> > * Banners to put on the website
> > * A description of what to find in the contrib dir

I'm really nervous about pointing to "recommended" solutions where we have
several.   I'd rather have links to all mature projects in that category.

Replication is actually several different problems demanding several different
solutions.   So no one replication solution is going to cover all needs,
ever.

For GUIs, we have an embarassment of them, and I would not want to be
responsible for telling anyone their project is "not recommended".  That's an
effective way of making a lot of enemies in the OSS community.   Instead, I
might suggest listing all OSS GUIs in order of popularity -- which still lets
PGAdmin & phpPGAdmin float to the top, but without telling Xpg or PGAccess to
take a flying leap into the void.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] What can we learn from MySQL?
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] What can we learn from MySQL?