Re: ident authentication problem

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: ident authentication problem
Дата
Re: ident authentication problem  (Shanta McBain <csc@computersystemconsulting.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
> > > Do yourself a favour and change authentication type in pg_hba.conf to
> > >
> > > local           all              trust
> > If you follow this sage advice you'll open up your financial
> > data to anyone happening to have an account on the machine in
> > question. Anyone. Not just people who also happen to have
> > *PostgreSQL* DB accounts.
>
> How, exactly, is that?
a) it seems SQL ledger wants to store data in PostgreSQL
b) I assume it wants to store *financial* data
c) local/all/trust means *all* *local* users are *trusted*, eg
   don't require any authentication, hence system account foo
   can access *all* databases (including the SQL-ledger one)
   even though foo does not have a corresponding DB account

Assuming, that there aren't any schema level restrictions
(GRANTs) set up which may or may not be the case. Forgot to
mention that point earlier on.

Or am I missing something ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346