Re: Optimal configuration to eliminate "out of file descriptors" error

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Optimal configuration to eliminate "out of file descriptors" error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 13:27:27 -0500,
  Joe Lester <joe_lester@sweetwater.com> wrote:
> I have not received a response yet on this. Should I try another
> postgres list or do I need to provide more information/clarity? Thanks.

The performance list would be the natural place for getting information
on optimal configurations. It sounds like what is really happening is that
you are hitting an OS limit on the number of open files. You should be
able to increase that limit. There have also been some discussions about
postgres doing a better job of telling when it has opened too many files
within the last several months. I don't remember much about the details
of the change or which version they were applied to.