Re: Remove MySQL Tools from Source?

От Martin Marques
Тема Re: Remove MySQL Tools from Source?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El Mié 14 Abr 2004 22:22, Christopher Kings-Lynne escribió:
> > ... on projects.postgresql.org, or similar.    They really aren't doing
> > any good in /contrib.
> >
> > I've already set up a category "conversion tools" on pgFoundry, and my
> > idea was one project per target system.
>
> I reckon that by far the best way to do a mysql2pgsql converter is to
> just modify mysqldump C source code to output in postgresql format!

I always ran one of the 2 scripts (can't remember which one) and after that
started checking the dump file, because there were things that didn't get
changed correctly[1].

[1]: I always remember the first conversion I did. I found out that MySQL
accepted dates like 30/2/2000 or 0-0-0000.
Very odd.

--
 08:24:01 up 37 days, 12:51,  2 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.85, 0.98
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'