Re: schema and win1250 support + misc

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: schema and win1250 support + misc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Ludek Finstrle wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I need schema support in odbc driver (it means change schema when
> connecting) more user friendly. So I attach patch for US only.
>
> Second patch contains support for win1250 encoding and
> one (I think) bug fix. It's in pgtypes.c in getCharColumnSize.
> This function call SC_get_Curres which can return NULL and
> getCharColumnSize doesn't handle it.

Here are our comments on the patch:

Patch 1 adds a preselected scheme name to the list of connection/DSN
options. Personally I think this is unecessary because there is already
an 'extra settings' option in which the user can include statements such
as 'set search_path to' if required. The list of options for psqlodbc is
already huge, and in the long term I think we should be looking to
remove options rather than add them (things like KSQO and GEQO can be
configured by the app using SET, or by the DBA if really required)!

Patch 2 adds WIN1250 charset support, and fixes a bug in pgtypes.c. The
first part has been applied, the second is obsolete.