Sorting in Unicode not working

От Hitesh Bagadiya
Тема Sorting in Unicode not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Our database contains Hindi as well as English characters. We
have specified the encoding to be unicode during initdb as well
as createdb commands.

Unfortunately sorting of the Hindi fields is not working. For
e.g. we have a person table and the query "SELECT * FROM PERSON
ORDERY BY LASTNAME" returns all the rows but the records are not
being sorted by the last name.

We tried this on Postgresql 7.3.2 as well as 7.4.1 but with no
luck. The OS we tried were Mandrake 9.1 and Fedora Core 1.

Do we need to do anything special to get Hindi/Unicode sorting
working in Postgresql?

Please help,

Hitesh