Re: dbus and GNOME 2.8

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: dbus and GNOME 2.8
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 07 April 2004 18:19, Christopher Browne wrote:
> The world rejoiced as amadorm@usm.edu.ec ("Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)") wrote:
> > Database files, once they corrupt, you lose ALL data.  Text files, once
> > they are corrupt, cause you to lose only those settings.
>
> Unless, of course, they are in XML form, in which case, if they are
> corrupted, you lose everything because they can no longer be
> validated.

Unless you're using one of my hacked-together Perl scripts of course, in which
case you un-xml the file and then process it as text. And people say I don't
know how to adapt to new technologies ;-)

On a serious note, the Gnome discussion that leaked over here seemed to be
generating a lot of heat without much light. It seems unlikely that one size
will fit all when "all" runs from a palmtop through to an application server
supporting dozens of thin clients.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd