Re: locale

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: locale
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> Is anyone working to make the locale support in pg better? Running
> initdb to set the locale is a bit heavy. It would be nice to at least
> be able to set it per database.

I was supposed to do that but I got distracted.  I send out a longish
implementation and transition plan some time ago, if you're interested.
Setting the locale per database is quite doable actually, you just need
a plan to prevent corruption of the shared system catalogs and you need
to deal with modifications of the template database(s).  There was some
discussion about that as well.  See the thread "Translations in the
distributions" around 2004-01-09.  I can help out if you want to do
what was discussed there.