Re: make == as = ?

От Martin Marques
Тема Re: make == as = ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El Mié 07 Abr 2004 06:28, Fabien COELHO escribió:

> > > That was never such a terribly good idea, IMHO.
> >
> > Agreed. Compilers should give errors and not try to work around bad code.
>
> Is it bad code? Not for people who come from a C/C++/Java background.
> They are used to operators such as == !=  % && || !... Some of these
> are available from pg, some are not, so at the time it is incoherent.

I have such a background, and still don't use != to ask for inequality. The
correct thing to use is <>, because thats what the SQL standards say.

-- 17:28:01 up 29 days, 21:55,  2 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.31, 0.29
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'
Centro de Telematica  |  DBA, Programador, Administrador            Universidad Nacional                 del Litoral