Re: make == as = ?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: make == as = ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Josh Berkus (josh@agliodbs.com) wrote:
> Were I teaching a class with a SQL component, using PostgreSQL as a tool, I
> would be very careful to avoid letting my students use an extensions to SQL;
> no "!=", no "SELECT DISTINCT ON" and no alias references in the GROUP BY
> clause.

I'd really like PostgreSQL to somehow warn me when I start doing things
like this.  It's not my intent to use PostgreSQL-specific SQL in general
so when I start doing it I'd like to know.  In some cases there may not
be an option, of course, but especially in cases where there's a 'right
way' I'd love for PostgreSQL to spit out a warning which tells me what
the right way is.

ie: "select * from table_name where column_name != '1';"
Warning: '!=' is not valid SQL, use '<>' instead.

This would help me, at least, write correct and portable SQL. :)
Stephen