Re: More aggregate functions?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: More aggregate functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > - BIT_OR
> > - BIT_AND
> > - GROUP_CONCAT (for strings, added in MySQL 4.x)
>
> Unless these are doing something I don't see, they should be easily
> writable using CREATE AGGREGATE.

It'd be nice to have a place to put functions that people have written
and found useful but that aren't part of the base.  Even nicer would be
to have this place be on postgresql.org and linked to from the
documentation.  I havn't needed BIT_OR or BIT_AND before but I've used
the GROUP_CONCAT-type aggregate a couple of times.  The first time I
wanted that function it took me a while to find (though eventually I did
in the mailing lists somewhere).

    Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: More aggregate functions?
Сообщение: Re: More aggregate functions?