Re: Sequential Scan Index Bug

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Sequential Scan Index Bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Gabriel Weinberg wrote:

> I would expect if I did intcol = 4.35 or intcol = 'abc', it would throw a
> type mismatch error.

Well, in practice, the former is AFAICS required to do something "right"
by the SQL spec because it explicitly states that all all numbers are
mutually comparable, so erroring would technically be against spec.  It's
possible that we could do something more intelligent than the current
behavior for that case but I can't come up with a particularly good
choice that wouldn't have bad effects elsewhere.