Re: Solaris initdb fails: shmmax tweak alternative?

От jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour)
Тема Re: Solaris initdb fails: shmmax tweak alternative?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Anyone see a benefit of adding command line flags to initdb to force
> lower shared memory use without require a recompile?
[snip]

When I built and installed pgsql at work, on a production server,
I ran into the shared memory problem.  I wanted to fire pgsql up
*right* *away*, to begin testing and so-on, so I hacked the shell
script.

Early next morning I rebooted the server, with the shared memory
changes already configured.

So yes: I can see a certain limited set of conditions under which
doing such a thing might be useful.

Jim