Re: Problems Vacuum'ing

От jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour)
Тема Re: Problems Vacuum'ing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour) writes:
> > Again the difference: With WebObjects running, deleting rows and
> > trying to vacuum immediately, even full, fails.  Shut-down WebObjects
> > and I can.
>
> WebObjects is evidently holding an open transaction.  Ergo, anything
> deleted after the start of that transaction isn't vacuumable.  You need
> to do something about the client-side logic that is holding an open
> transaction without doing anything ...

It certainly isn't holding open a transaction in the database I'm
working with.  It's unclear to me it's holding any transaction open,
anywhere.  This is all that showed up:

postgres=# select * from pg_locks where transaction is not null;relation | database | transaction |  pid  |     mode
 | granted

----------+----------+-------------+-------+---------------+---------         |          |     1245358 | 18020 |
ExclusiveLock| t         |          |     1245364 |   267 | ExclusiveLock | t

(2 rows)

postgres=# select * from pg_stat_activity;datid | datname  | procpid | usesysid |  usename   | current_query |
query_start

-------+----------+---------+----------+------------+---------------+-------------17142 | postgres |     267 |        1
|postgres   |               | 17144 | qantel   |   18020 |      103 | webobjects |               |

(2 rows)

I don't know what those are, but they list no database or relation.  I
get this just be running psql (this time at home):

jseymour=> select * from pg_locks where transaction is not null;relation | database | transaction | pid |     mode
|granted

ExclusiveLock| t

(1 row)

jseymour=> select * from pg_stat_activity;datid | datname  | procpid | usesysid | usename  | current_query |
query_start

jseymour|               |

(1 row)

Without having touched a thing.