Re: 7.2.3-7.4.2 migration

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 7.2.3-7.4.2 migration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:01:21PM +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> On Thursday 01 April 2004 12:12, Christophe Musielak wrote:

> > I would then appreciate if anyone can report a similar experience,
> > problems faced and so on..
>
> I tend to do a schema-only followed by a data-only restore. The main problems
> I have are to do with dependencies between objects (function F relies on
> table T existing). I use the -l/-L flags on pg_restore to let me manually
> reorder the few items with problems.

CVS tip's pg_dump orders objects more appropiately than before  - AFAIU
the dump is always correct.  If you have this kind of problem, the new
code could save you some work.  If you use it, make sure you use the
"-X disable-dollar-quoting" switch too, because otherwise the dump won't
be loadable on released versions.

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane...
Of course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." (L. Torvalds)