Re: [ADMIN] Raw vs Filesystem

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Raw vs Filesystem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tuesday 30 March 2004 17:43, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Jaime, Richard,
>
> > That's going to depend on a number of things:
> > There are some test results people have provided in the archives, but
> > whether they apply to your setup is open to argument.
>
> True.  On Linux overall, XFS, JFS, and Reiser have all looked good at one
> time or another.   Ext3 has never been a leader for performance, though, so
> that's an easy elimination.

True, but on the sorts of commodity boxes I use, it doesn't make sense for me
to waste time setting up non-standard filesystems - it's cheaper to spend a
little more for better performance. I think SuSE offer Reiser though, so
maybe we'll see a wider selection available by default.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd