Re: Removing cruft in access/transam/xact.c

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Removing cruft in access/transam/xact.c
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 12:21:07AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

[...]

> The similar changes that remove the ability to recognize failures
> during AbortTransaction are even worse, because cleanup after a failed
> transaction is exactly where you would most expect software bugs to
> pop up.

Hey, I was just adding the code back when I noticed that
AbortTransaction() sets the TRANS_ABORT state just _before_ doing it's
work, not after.  And all functions are executed with interrupts held
(HOLD_INTERRUPTS / RELEASE_INTERRUPTS).  So the comments I made earlier
are irrelevant.

After all this, I still think the TRANS state is unnecesary.  I will add
checks in the low level routines so they see what TBLOCK state they are
called in, which should be enough to keep the current functionality
and robustness.

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early.
He arrives precisely when he means to."  (Gandalf, en LoTR FoTR)

Сообщение: Re: Removing cruft in access/transam/xact.c
Сообщение: Re: Removing cruft in access/transam/xact.c