Re: default enconding

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: default enconding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hi, I have found what I thing is a quite annoying behaviour of
> Postgres (psql). When you type (and ask for complation) for some
> string that has some characters not in the ASCII encoding it requires
> a double quote on it, however if you don't put those double quotes
> around it, you can still execute the query. So what about changing the
> behaviour to either don't accept characters with the 8 bit set or
> accept by default strings in the iso-8859-1 encoding instead of ASCII
> endoding by default.

Apparently regarding everything ISO-8859-1 is not correct:-)

Probably we need to make quote_indet() a little bit smarter so that it
should quote input text only when it includes ASCII capital letters
and any other non delimter-appropreate letters except 8 bit
characters.

BTW, currently tab completion is not working for multibyte
encoding(including UTF-8, I guess) because it's broken in that it's
not multibyte ware.

I think we need to fix that as well.
--
Tatsuo Ishii