Re: Automatic language selection

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Automatic language selection
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> We *could* disable it, but by asking as early as possible the app
> will come up with the right language immediately. Changing it later
> in Options will lead to a mixed language until the next restart.

My point is that it shouldn't have to ask at all.  It should look at the
system locale.  (This should actually happen automatically if you use
gettext.)  In my day-to-day work I use dozens of applications, they're
(almost) all localized, but not one except pgadmin ever asked me which
language I wanted to use, because they know already.