Re: Chapter on PostreSQL in a book

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Chapter on PostreSQL in a book
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sailesh,

First off, I'd suggest reopening this topic on Advocacy or Docs.   Hackers is
really not the list for this, and I think you'd get more feedback on those
other lists.

>  - Database Design and Querying Tools

Well, I think there is no question that phpPgAdmin and pgAdminIII are our two
leading Admin/Database Browsing tools.   If you drop to the runners-up,
though, you have a choice of 8 or 9 different tools which are still current.
Perhaps this page will give some perspective?
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/GUITools

I might suggest, for a single chapter, going over the top two but mentioning
that there are many others.

>  - Replication, Distribution and External Data

For replication we have and will continute to have several solutions, both OSS
and commercial.   Replication is not a problem that suits itself to a single,
monolithic solution, and our diversity is superiority.   You should mention
eRServer, SlonyI, DBmirror, and Mammoth Replication.

What are distribution & external data?

>  - Database Administration Tools

How is this different from the first item?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions