Re: linked list rewrite

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: linked list rewrite
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:16:51PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I agree a renaming of list functions is good.  If we had kept the
> original Berkeley code as-is, we would have a lot fewer developers
> today.  :-)  Making drastic cleanups is often worthwile.  I write
> backend code and still can't remember which list function does what, so
> clearer naming would help me a lot, and I am sure others too.
Maybe I already ask, is there any coding style recommendation for _new_written things?
I agree  with Bruce. The list  functions and  a lot of  other functionscan  be  candidates  for  rename. I  read  Mono
docs last  night  andit's  perfect  if  they  can  write  to  docs  about  functions  names:"mono_<type>_<action>".

I  think sometime  are people  too much  focus on  the shortest  way totarget and forgot  that with code work others
people and not CPU only.(sorry of this pontification:-)

   Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/