Re: Two-phase commit

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Two-phase commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 06:10:35PM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I have again updated my two-phase commit patches. Only minor
> modifications.
>
> I haven't received any comments and there hasn't been any discussion on
> the implementation, I suppose that nobody has given it a try. :(

I haven't tried it, but I see it conflicts big time with my
modifications in access/transam/xact.c for subtransactions support.

I am currently writing a proposal for nested transactions which will go
to -hackers, and I will be posting some code to -patches shortly
thereafter which should give you an idea where I am heading.  Maybe then
we can have the opinion from the devel community about both things,
whether they should be applied or not.

"El miedo atento y previsor es la madre de la seguridad" (E. Burke)