Re: Benchmarking postgres on Solaris/Linux

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Benchmarking postgres on Solaris/Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mark,

> It might be worth considering Apple if you want a 64-bit chip that has a
> clock speed comparable to Intel's - the Xserv is similarly priced to Sun
> V210 (both dual cpu 1U's).

Personally I'd stay *far* away from the XServs until Apple learns to build
some real server harware.    The current XServs have internal parts more
appropriate to a Dell desktop (promise controller, low-speed commodity IDE
drives), than a server.

If Apple has prices these IU desktop machines similar to Sun, then I sense
doom ahead for the Apple Server Division.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: Optimisation of INTERSECT expressions
Сообщение: Re: Optimisation of INTERSECT expressions