Re: Hosting for SFPUG

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Hosting for SFPUG
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 12:50:58PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We'd like to put up a simple Movable Type page for the SF user's
> group.  (see  http://sfpug.redhotpenguin.com/).  Many thanks to Fred
> of Red Hot Penguin.

Go, Fred, go!

> The obvious place to host it would be sfpug.postgresql.org.
> However, I was wondering if maybe we would want to set up a more
> cohesive naming structure with the idea that more User Groups would
> eventually show up.   For example, wasn't there a Toronto Users'
> Group?   Thoughts anyone?

Airport codes is one way.  Another is
city.countrysubdivision.postgresql.org, but that's kinda long.  How
about pgsql.org subdomains?

> Perlmongers seems to have gotten away with just doing
> city.permongers.org for years now ... for example,
> sf.perlmongers.org.

They got [out]house lucky because the TLD they use is actually pm.org

> Hmmm, and Fred, is it possible to set up multiple MT accounts on one
> virtual host?   This would give other UGs a leg up on getting
> started.

That'd be good :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!