Re: Log rotation

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Log rotation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 13 March 2004 01:00 pm, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> There are some applicatons which run in servers with very strict
> response times and any syscall, network packet that can be saved counts.

Ok, what about pipe overhead?  If we're gong to split hairs, let's split all
of them.  The design of the pipeline in this logrotator filter will have to
be such that minimal overhead occurs, because, at the real-time level, every
concurrent process also counts.

> The number of generated messgaes.

> Maybe that is an area that can be worked on, i.e. reducing log
> verbosity.  Is 7.4.x much better than 7.3.x in that respect?

There are several levels documented in postgresql.conf.  Try the terse level
and see what happens.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology